Field Notes "National Crop Edition"


So, when I arrived home today, there was this lovely box from my Field Notes Colors Subscription waiting for me - the Field Notes "National Crop Edition".


I hadn't read about this edition prior to opening it, so I was quite surprised at what was included in this thoughtful package. Living in rural Minnesota, I felt a bit of pride for our rich agricultural industry as I went through the contents.


First, you get this cool little Field Notes crop patch, which includes the six crops represented in the notebooks.


Looks pretty cool, right? I think I might affix this to my hiking bag, or maybe the cargo pants I use for  yard work.

Ok. Now for the notebooks. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. 
















 As you can see, the colors of the notebooks match each crop, plus you get little tidbits of information on the back cover. 


Underneath all of the notebooks, tucked in the bottom of the box, was this crop map. I think it's interesting to consider how each of these crops has had a profound impact on the history, economies, lifestyle, and the migration of people throughout U.S. History. 


Of the different Field Notes releases that I've seen, this one is my favorite. I think it is one the most thoughtful set of notebooks I have seen, though much of this may be my appreciation for the agricultural history of the U.S. At any rate, I loved receiving it, and I recommend getting your hands on a set, especially if you have some green thumbs/farmers in the family that might like to receive it as a gift.