A shout-out to Amanda over at It's the Little Things for awarding me with the Liebster Blog Award. Amanda is a teacher, too, and lives in KC with her husband and sweet baby girl, Stella. While I have no idea how this award originated, I did find out that 'Liebster' means 'favorite' in German. The award is offered to up-and-coming blogs out there and it is an honor to join the ranks of other liebsters out there!
Here is how it works: 1) Acknowledge the award on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you; 2) Nominate five of your favorite up-and-coming blogs by linking to their sites (must have less than 200 followers); 3) Accept the award by including five random thoughts about yourself.
Five of my faves:
1. Sierra at 'Vienna Waits'
2. Nicole at 'Every Day a Memory'
3. Michele at 'Imperfectly Wonderful World'
4. Megan at 'Becoming Mommy'
5. Hanna at 'Violet Lulu'
Five Random Facts About Me:
1. My favorite memories of dating my husband Beau involved nights in his college apartment, cooking Italian, drinking wine, and dancing to Frank Sinatra.
2. I bite my nails. A lot.
3. My first job in high school was a lifeguard. I used to get paid to sit at a pool, twirl a whistle, and get a tan.
4. This summer, we're starting a garden.
5. Although I was pregnant for 41 weeks, I only pushed for 20 minutes. It was quick, it was beautiful, it was love at first sight.
Read more about me, my family, and this blog here and here.
Linking up with The Paper Mama for her weekly photo fun and sharing one of my favorite pictures. Although Cruz wasn't officially here yet, he was days away from entering our lives and our hearts forever. This picture will always remind me of our very last date night before becoming parents. I love the lighting, Beau's expression, and the pregnancy glow that seems to settle in the air. Such a special, quiet time those final days were.