Summer Sweater CopyCat

I've been all about the summer sweaters lately. I've also been all about thrifting lately, as I'm sure you could tell. Here's my replica of the CopyCat outfit below. 








Okay, I have a story. I thought about trying to fit it into a facebook status update, and then I remembered how much I hate it when people post their entire perfect life on facebook trying to whore around for comments. So I'm telling this to my blog friends--mostly because I don't know most of you. But that's neither here nor there, so here's my story.

Chase and I were sitting on the couch watching tv (breaking bad if you must know), and since it was cloudy and semi-cool outside, we decided to walk to the park about 3/4 mile from our house and read books. We walked, sat on a bench, and read our riveting books. Mine actually is semi-riveting. It's called Enlightened Sexism, and is about how the feminist movement has crashed and burned, as demonstrated by Hooters, Maxim, and The Man Show. I'm very much a feminist (more of the "fight against objectification of women" rather than the "I will hit you if you hold a door open for me" type), so I've been enjoying reading it.

As we sat there, it started to sprinkle, so we started walking home. About two minutes later, it began raining huge drops and the wind was blowing so hard I could barely open my eyes. It honestly looked like a hurricane. We were completely drenched in minutes. We ran to the train station that was on our way home and ducked under the roof. I felt like if there was a soundtrack playing we could have been in a romantic movie. Boy and girl meet and walk to park. Crazy rain starts pouring, so boy and girl run to train station. Boy and girl are both soaking wet. They kiss at the station as rain pours down, oblivious to the world.

Except it was more like, "What are we going to do with these books? Dang it, this one's a library book... hopefully it doesn't get wet. Here, I'll put them under my shirt and huddle over like I'm carrying a child and run home." And we had to use a hair dryer on them when we got home, but I'm sure the library will be none the wiser.

In other news, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was not nearly as lame as it sounds. I am thoroughly convinced my $1.75 movie ticket was worth it.

Outfit Details:
Sweater -- Forever 21 via Salvation Army $.49
Belt -- Salvation Army $.23
Shorts -- Gap via Salvation Army $1.50
Pearls -- Body Central $4ish?
Sandals -- Shoe Dept $8
Total -- $14.22