|My clogs by DrieCulturen|
There are more third culture kid stories that I read online this week:
- The introverted third culture kid by James R. Mitchener. I quote him: "Thanks to a lifetime of being dragged around the world, this TCK is in constant internal struggle with himself."
- Multiculturalism in California was a lie: how my being a hidden immigrant in America killed my self-worth by Hey it's Johnny C. "This is why I hate being in America often: I’m a hidden immigrant for having the blue passport and accent, and because of that, I don’t get the extra level of patience that people offer to foreigners."
- Third culture kid and pregnant: facing the tension by Esther on Libby Stephens' blog. "How on earth I could raise a global-minded child in the middle of America?"
- Transitions: Developing a better understanding of third culture kids by Megzy. " I still find it amazing how much I relate to the majority of everything I read about TCKs."
- Inventing the Perfect Country by Melissa Boey. Where's your favourite place to live? "If anything, I have been wonderfully spoiled by all the places I have lived."
I want to keep you well-informed, so I want to let you know that there will be a talk on third culture kids in Amsterdam on the 10th July. The talk will be given by Lesley Lewis who has worked with third culture kids for more than 30 years.
Are you ready to share your story?
I want to end with a quote by Plato “Those who tell stories rule society.”