Of Puma and the Chicago Cubs

Well, today is June 26th, which means it's been approximately two months since my last blog post. I know, I know. I've crushed the hopes and dreams of my followers by not updating. However, I am here today to revive the dying flame within each and every one of you by finally making a blog post. In the last two months I finished my first year of teaching, packed up our apartment, and moved cross-country to a town near Chicago. Blogging was not high on my priority list. 

But now that we are all moved in to our 300 square foot studio apartment (!!), I have plenty of time to update my blog. Or go shopping to Salvation Army. Usually Salvation Army wins. The area we live in is somewhat ritzy, which means you can find disgustingly cheap, brand-name clothes at the thrift stores. It's like heaven. My husband and I went shopping this evening because we were tired of staying home, and we left feeling like bandits. Here's a summary of my good deals. :)

Puma tennis shoes -- $3.50

Munro flats --$2.00 


 I had never heard of these shoes before, but they were ridiculously comfortable flats, and since I destroyed my last pair of black flats from wearing them constantly for four years, I bought these. I looked them up online here when I got home because, I admit, I'm a brand snob and wanted to see how expensive these shoes were originally. They were somewhere in the neighborhood of $105. Crazy.

Express blazer -- $2.06

 This was by far my favorite find of the day. I've been looking for a black blazer, and this one fit perfectly, and is simple enough that it can go with skinny jeans and flats or I can wear it with slacks or a skirt. I almost peed my pants from excitement when I found this.


Cubs shirt -- $1.56    Mossimo v-neck -- $.33 (no, that was not a typo)
Isn't this Cubs shirt perfect? We decided when we moved here that we would be Cubs fans rather than White Sox fans. That decision was completely arbitrary and had nothing to do with the teams, and in the end we decided because when we went to buy jerseys, they didn't have any White Sox jerseys in Chase's size. Also I like blue. It reminds me of the Rangers. My final find was a dark brown v-neck that I forgot to photograph because I tried it on and it was too comfortable to take off.

So basically, you should move to a teensy apartment in a nice neighborhood because you can go to the thrift stores and find good brands for stupid cheap.