101 in 2012

In honor of looking ahead to this new year, I decided to check my status on my 101 in 1001 List.  It's been almost a year since I first sat down to make this list and so far, I'd say I've done pretty well---

In July, we took Cruz to Wrigley Field for the first time.  The Cubs won, Cruz sat through the entire game, and the couple next to us thought we said, 'Bruce' when they asked his name.  They called him Bruce the entire game!


Chicago did not disappoint.  In addition to our Cubs game, we spent a morning at Lincoln Park Zoo.  Cruz loved the monkeys and charmed the onlookers.   






We bought Cruz a Radio Flyer for his birthday.  An authentic, tried-and-true, cherry red Radio Flyer.  I have dreams of a little boy with his shirt off, pulling his wagon down the sidewalk, stopping to pick up a rock on the side of the road or an old baseball from a neighbor's yard.  For now, the wagon is a little big for that, but he looked awfully cute riding around in it during trick-or-treating this year.



Beau got a new set of wheels this summer, too.  He traded in his Impala for a shiny black Toyota Camry, and is loving his decision.  I am jealous of his XM radio and gas mileage, but I did reap the benefits when we took it to Chicago this summer. 
  
Not only did we take Ron Sock-o pictures, but we had a Ron Sock-o party.  It was sweet. 



Today, I started a new project, 1) because I can't seem to master the art of doing nothing during breaks from school, and 2) because my living room was in need of a new identity.  I've reached the point with my living room where I'm stuck---there's not a lot I can do with it.  Not to mention, I have so many unframed, undisplayed pictures that are desperately in need of a home space.  So, with a gallon of paint from Home Depot and a stack of antique white frames from IKEA, I'm looking for a fresh look.

For paint, I chose Flagstone by Martha Stewart Living.  

  
I've always been a fan of grays, and am hoping to accent with creams and yellows.  

Here's my inspiration (love you, Pinterest). 


Stay tuned for progress :)