What I Ate Wednesday

It's that time of the week again, let's find out what I've been eating...and what Avery's been eating too, since she seems to have claimed a permanent spot on these weekly updates.  So without further ado, here's my gluten-free, vegan eats for the day:

Just woke up snack: 2 slices Rudi's Multigrain Gluten-free toast,
Earth Balance butter, organic strawberry jelly.
Workout: 1 hour on the treadmill, my favorite kind of intervals: run 2 minutes, walk 1 min. Love it.
Breakfast: Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie...have you tried
this one yet? Oh so good.

Mid-morning snack: Food For Life Gluten-Free English muffin,
Earth Balance butter, and honey (not so vegan I know, but I've
been trying it as an alternative to cough medicine and I just
couldn't resist it as topping for this!)

Lunch: Sloppy Joes (made with TVP...an essential vegan
ingredient), on Rudi's Multigrain Gluten-free
 bread, and with FoodShould Taste Good Sweet Potato
 chips, oh and a little organic mustard on top never hurt anybody.

Afternoon snack #1: organic gala apple

Afternoon snack #2: Beanitos Black Bean Chips in "Chipotle BBQ"
flavor, oh yeah, these babies are back. Taste just like
"BBQ Krunchers" chips from back in the day, but way
healthier!


We put our Christmas tree up this week in my preschool
classroom, so I took advantage of it and got all my student's pictures
in front of it...me included. Let the holiday fun begin!

Afternoon snack #3: Chocolate Chip Larabar...jeez I eat a lot
of snacks in the afternoon. What can I say, pumping and
teaching must make me hungry!

Just-got-home smoothie: "Green Orange
Julius": Vanilla Sun Warrior
Rice Protein Powder, orange juice,
spinach, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 3 ice
cubes.

Brandon went skateboarding (indoors) tonight, so Avery and I packed up our dinner and headed over to my parent's house to hang out for the evening.

Dinner: Lasagna, courtesy of Mama Pea...this is my all time
favorite vegan lasagna. I just trade out  wheat noodles for
Tinkyada rice noodles. Also, the filling is tofu and vegan cream
cheese with some spices, and I even put TVP in the
spaghetti sauce to remind me of my "crumbled meat" days.
Just a note, usually this lasagna is only 2-3 layers, but to serve it, I stack 2 servings on top of each other to get that traditional "tall lasagna" look.

Let's find out if Avery liked it...
She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough!

Or on her face!

Getting her little drink of water is her favorite part of the meal.

Vegan Lasagna...a new favorite for Avery.

My dessert: Chocolate Pudding by Angela, so delicious...
made with avocados.

Avery's Dessert: Playing hide-and-seek in her
 Combi "Car Walker" that I mentioned in last week's WIAW.

"Hey Maverick (dog in picture) where's grandma?"

"There she is!"

Oh no, watch out Grandma!
Looks like I missed a spot of sauce, check out that eyebrow- lol.

She loved "driving" on all the hardwood
floors at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

What did you eat this Wednesday? Share below!