Chocolate Chip Snack Bar Recipe

Chocolate Chip Snack Bar
So awhile back I posted about my love for Larabars and how I've gotten crafty in creating some of my own versions of my favorite Larabar flavors, like the one in this post with chocolate and coconut.  Unfortunately with some of my recipes, I love them in the beginning, but after eating them all the time, I get bored...or as I say, "I burn out on them." Anyone else do this? So one day I decided to add some chocolate chips to a basic "cashew cookie" Larabar-like recipe and it turned out great. It's simple, easy to make, delicious, and great for you. Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Chip Snack Bars

Ingredients:
Instructions:
Add 1/2 cup chopped cashews to a food processor

Blend until they are small crumbs.

Add to a mixing bowl.

Next grab your 5 dates...use more or less if you would like.
Here's the medjool dates I get from Costco.

Check in with your assistant chef...Hi Avery! ( :

Now remove the pit out of each date,
and then add the dates to the food processor.

Mix in the food processor until a ball forms.

Add "date ball" to the mixing bowl.

Add 1 Tbs. mini chocolate chips to mixing bowl

Here's the yummy gluten-free, vegan brand I love.

Mix all ingredients together with your hands..get messy!

The mixture will look a bit like this when it's done.


Take some wax paper...eek...not very green I know!
Try to re-use it a few times to make it more "green".

Lay some waxed paper on top of the mixture.

Press to your desired shape and thickness.

Now slice into the size bars you would like...I cut 3 bars from mine.


Yummy chocolate chip snack bars are now done!

The finished product

Store in a GASP... Ziploc bag! At room temperature.
You could also try a glass Tupperware container to avoid Ziploc. 
Hope you like these! And don't feel limited to make the "dough" into bars.  You can roll it into balls, use a cookie cutter to make shapes, or just make one big cookie.  I love to eat these before a workout, as an afternoon snack, and sometimes even for dessert.  Enjoy!