Pentel Slicci 07 Green


Shown above is the .7mm Pentel Slicci, one of the best needle point pens you can get, at least for performance and variety, but I do have a few issues with this pen.


As I indicated in the review, the pen writes very well, but the darn barrel is too slim, especially if you have larger hands. I'd say Sliccis are great for when you are not writing more than a few paragraphs, but you are likely to feel some hand cramping and fatigue during longer stretches. The clip could be stronger, too. It feels like it could crack off pretty easily due to the side-to-side sway it has with even light force. If your arsenal is in a pen case or your pens just mostly sit on your desk, this is unlikely to be an issue for you. At any rate, the color is fantastic, and I have loved all of the colors and point sizes that I have tried. I know the The Pen Addict took issue with the nib point on this particular size, but I did not experience the same thing, at least not yet. Normally I go for the smaller Slicci sizes, but I had not tried the .7mm yet, and I do (mostly) like it. 



You can get this the Slicci in a .25, .3, .4, and .7, and I think the .3 is my favorite, especially for writing notes in the margins of my academic reading. I have not had a chance to try the .25. 

Paper used for this review: Rhodia Reverse Book

For some other opinions of this pen, check out Office Supply Geek's review and The Pen Addict's review (same link as the one posted above).