A Whimsical Review: The IKEA Golf Pencil


This is a stolen liberated IKEA pencil that I picked up when I was looking for some wall shelving to hold inks, stationary, pen boxes, and my external hard drive. 


I have been trying to understand the allure of woodcase pencils, but I just can't get into them, especially when there is the Uniball Kuru Toga, Pentel Graphgear 1000, et al. I realized after posting this that I misspelled Scandinavian. I am fairly certain it is a word I have never written before, so I apologize to all visitors of the blog that are of Scandinavian lineage. 


As you can see, this was not at all pleasurable to write with, but, in a pinch, you have something you can use to make notes of your IKEA products. 


In a side by side comparison, it is obvious that this pencil is not the typical cedar wood used in pencils, but I do not know what it is. If you'r curious to try out this pencil, you know where to find it.