DP Leatherworks Utility Notebook Cover Update


Last year, I received the DP Leatherworks Utility Notebook cover for Christmas, and I had meant to provide an update at some point down the road to show how well it has held up. Well, just under a year later, and I'm happy to report that it is in very good shape. 

Sure, it has been weathered a bit by fingernails, hitting my belt being removed my back pocket, and other general wear and tear, but it is just as soft and supple, and now it has a little more character to distinguish it as my own.


The big gash down the front is from my fingernail. All of the scuffs at the top are from trying to retrieve the notebook with my man pincers. I wouldn't say I have claws or anything, but I will acknowledge that it's easy for me to open an orange. 


The back has less character - just some general wear from sitting on it in my back pocket. I did notice that sitting on the cover ended up pulled on the staples of the notebook a bit much, so I recommend wearing this in a front shirt pocket or carrying this in your bag, unless you burn through a notebook fast enough for it to not be an issue. I average two months per refill, but it doane of Field Notes, so it's at that point that the binding starts to wear thin. Your mileage may vary. 


The inside, however, is pretty much good as new. I don't see any reason why this would get really worn out unless you are using it outside, in the field, or in extreme climates, otherwise it is nearly the way it was when I acquired it - good stuff.