Hummus and Baba Ganoush

I'm very vocal about what I believe. Surprise. One thing I'm passionate about is gay rights. I fully support equality for gay couples, and I've had countless arguments with friends, relatives, and strangers about it. And after thinking about it, reading the Bible (yes, I do read the Bible), watching documentaries, reading books commentaries and blogs, I've come to the belief that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality. I think it's not quite as black and white as many people would like to believe. I'm not absolutely certain of my belief, but there are few things in life that I'm absolutely certain about. I've started to think that maybe being a little bit unsure of stuff isn't a negative thing--maybe it's just humility. There are many people I highly respect who disagree with me about homosexuality and the Bible. Which is fine. Disagreement is healthy. But what irks me more than anything is when people use their moral belief to deny civil rights to homosexual couples. That's just crap. 

Now, having said all that, this video that a friend sent me is the funniest video about gay marriage I have ever seen. It's titled, "Gay Men Will Marry Your Girlfriends." It's very tongue in cheek and has a small bit of language, but it's hilarious. I'm not sure if people opposed to gay marriage would find it funny, but I would guess that they would be at least partly amused. 

Seriously, watch it. You can click on either of the pictures to go to the video. 



If you are honestly interested in learning more about the issue, here are some resources I found really helpful.

What the Bible Really Says about Homosexuality -- Daniel Helminiak
Gay Straight and the Reason Why -- Simon LaVay
Speaking My Mind -- Tony Campolo
For the Bible Tells Me So -- Netflix