A Bright and Colorful Thanksgiving!

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that I generally wear grey, brown, or black, and preferably all three. But when I found this skirt, I decided it would make the perfect Thanksgiving outfit. I originally searched my closet for a black or grey shirt to mute out the brightness of the yellow, but then I decided to take a fashion risk (for me) instead and wear something colorful and patterned. 

Pattern mixing, and color mixing. Guys, I am becoming a real-life fashion blogger here. Only kidding. I don't use the words "oxblood," "new casual," or "wholesome" enough, and I would rather chew my arm off than spend a paycheck on a shirt from Anthropologie. Plus I generally look at the camera rather than the ground in my pictures. Lame, I know.

But regardless, I really really like this outfit. Maybe my attempt at copycats actually served me well. :)

IMG_9807
IMG_9808
IMG_9809
IMG_9810
IMG_9811
I hope you guys all had a great Thanksgiving! This was Chase's and my first major holiday away from both of our families. I thought it would be difficult, but we ended up going over to a family from church's house. They were great and the food was great and I played Just Dance with their kids for over two hours which was also great. It reminded me of being with my brothers and sisters. Then Chase and I continued my family's tradition of watching a Christmas movie the night of Thanksgiving. It was really nice. I'm glad we'll get to see our families for Christmas, though.

Outfit Details:

Skirt -- Forever 21 via Salvation Army $2.06
Shirt -- Mossimo via Goodwill $2.99
Belt -- some store in Spain for around $2
Tights -- WalMart $5
Flats -- Salvation Army $.96

Total Cost: $13.01