18 Months Old

Well, since it's about time for Avery to turn 19 months, I figured I should probably get on here and get her 18 month old post done, right?! Gotta love life back at school. Things sure get a little crazy around here, but I still manage to snap hundreds of pictures of Avery, so to free up some space on my memory card, it's time to finally share them with you. 



It's been a fun and busy month, with Halloween, Brandon's birthday, and just watching Avery grow, talk, and turn into the "not-so-little girl" that she is.

This month's photo shoot, was not exactly the highlight of the month. She has quite a hatred for the chalkboard sign, why did I think that was a good idea when she turned 13 months old?  ( : By some miracle, I did get her happy and smiling for this pic. Probably because I was singing, "Old MacDondald Had a Farm" for the hundredth time, and it was at her favorite part..."Ei Ei O!"



Here's the look I got when I handed her the sign...if looks could kill.



Here's some of her favorite things this month...

1. Favorite food: avocados. She will literally eat one whole avocado in a sitting. Runner up favorite food is still frozen strawberries.



2. Favorite thing to do: Relax in her chair and put her feet up, she calls it "feet up."
Just chillin...

""What can I say, I like to relax."

Feet up on a toy box.

"Oh, are there toys in there? I better find something to play
with."

Second favorite thing to do: Take things out and then put them back in, or as she says, "Put it in, take it out." She'll do this with water, dirt, rocks, sand, and cereal as you can see below.

She took all her cereal out of her bowl,
and then put it back again.

"What can I say, it's fun!"

One more favorite thing to do...pretending to talk on any item that even resembles a cell phone. She'll say, "Hello," or "Hi Mommy," "Bye Daddy". Gotta love the way she can multitask already.
Like the fancy necklaces, she got those on Halloween and
still enjoys wearing them.
3. Favorite thing: water towers.  Yes, I am talking about the water towers you see while you are out driving. She loves these things. It started because we talk a lot about what we see when we are out driving around like stop lights, horses, gas stations, grocery stores, and most recently, water towers.  So after driving by them and talking about them time and time again, we decided to go on a "Water Tower Tour" one day and boy did she have fun! Lucky for her, there are some parks below a few water towers in our city. So aside from seeing the "huge water towers" (as she says) we also got to swing, slide, and run around.
A water tower in our city.
She was all smiles when we arrived.

"Ummm... did you guys know there's a
playground over there?"
She sprinted across the bridge...
Giggling all the way!
She loved the slide and went up and
down it more times than I can count.

Everytime she would get to the bottom
of the slide, she'd throw her arms up
and say, "Okay!" as she sprinted
to climb the stair and do it again.

Water towers + Daddy= One happy girl!




Now it wouldn't be a "Water Tower Tour" with just one water tower...so we headed to another water tower in the area (that had a park).
Water tower #2.


Peek-a-boo!

Then she saw the coolest thing (to her)...
A water fountain in the shape of a lion!

"Teeth teeth" she would say.

Favorite song: "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran.  When we get in my car she usually will tell me who she wants to listen to, Ed or Mat. (Referring to Ed Sheeran or Mat Kearny, my two favorite artists). While she is a fan of both, she especially loves this Ed Sheeran song because he repeats a verse over and over, "My my my, give me love...my my my, give me love!" So Avery usually sings along in the back seat, "My my my give love".  She'll even sing this song in her crib when she's falling asleep. Pretty funny. You've got a fan, Ed Sheeran. ( :
Any other Ed Sheeran fans?



Other fun events from the month:

1. Running/walking in a local race that's a tradition for my mom and I...and now Avery.
She spent most of the time in the stroller, but she finished
by walking at the very end.
Each year we try to take a pic to remember the day and
each year it gets a little harder. This year's picture...on the
ground (Avery's choice!). 

Fun event #2: Dad's Birthday, so to follow suit to the picture we made last year in this post, we took another D-A-D picture. As you can imagine, it was a bit more difficult than last year, but it was worth it. Brandon loved it.


Fun event #3: A trip to the Pumpkin Patch. Now I've already mentioned some of the Halloween fun we had in this post about how we carved pumpkins and she was a little "ghost". But we also went to a local pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. Here's some of the fun we had...

"Pumpkin Time!"

Her favorite mode of transport:
Daddy's shoulders.

Fun in the field with Mommy.

Being silly with Daddy.

Best part of the trip...riding in the
wheel barrow!
She loved it so much that she wouldn't let us put a pumpkin in! So we walked home empty handed, from the pumpkin patch, can you believe that? But we weren't too sad, we already had a pumpkin at home and the $20 charge to enter was plenty for us. Maybe next year we'll actually buy a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.
"Who needs pumpkins? I've got this wheel barrow."

One last fun pic from the pumpkin patch, the "How Tall This Fall" wall where you can measure your child's height. Things changed a bit from last year...

I can't believe how much she's changed in just one year. 


So there we have it, a year and a half old...can you believe it? Who would have thought she'd grow up to be one water tower-loving, avocado-eating, hilarious, spunky little girl? We sure love you Avery.

See you all next month!

Recently this post was linked up to a blog party called, "Tuesday Baby Link Up". This is where other bloggers can gather together and share their baby-related posts, such as: pregnancy & birth, adoption, newborn & baby, or toddler & child. You can find more of the "Tuesday Baby Link Up" over at the blog I Thought I Knew Mama, as well as a number of other blogs that are listed in the link above. So hop on over and check out some other fun baby posts!