ProFamily = Anti-Gay?

via
Blegh...

Can I tell you something that stresses me out? Okay, besides the fact that people spell y'all like this -> ya'll, and besides the fact I'm out of chapstick, something else that stresses me out is when people say they're "pro-family".

What the hell does that even mean?

Basically I think it's a code word for saying they're anti-gay. I'm a supporter of gay rights, but that doesn't mean I hate families. I have a family, and someday I hope to have a family of my own. I do not feel like I have to deny rights to a significant group of people in order to have a family. Is my family less valid because two men are able to get married? Um, no. Are profamilysupporters so insecure in the strength of their families that they will feel better about themselves by not letting people live as they wish? I don't know.

But I'm glad I have a blog so I can vent these frustrations. Every time I post anything on facebook, which is rare lately, I get a comments insinuating that I clearly don't care about the future of our grand and glorious country which is going to need to deny rights to all pregnant people and all gay people in order to continue being grand and glorious. Oh and fight lots of wars. Yeah, we need to fight lots of wars to continue being the best.

To which I have no reply. I mean, how do you even talk to somebody who has opinions that are THAT strong? And I realized, you don't. If I wanted to be a complete douche I could even post a verse about not arguing with the fool in his folly, but since I don't believe in manipulating the Bible I wouldn't do that.

(Sidenote: I am not in favor of abortion. I don't know what I believe about it right now, so the above was only used as an example.)

Okay, that's all. I feel much better now.