Black & Gold

Fall is here. Which means layers, layers, layers. It's actually my favorite part of cold weather. :) I adore piling clothes on top of clothes. This is a granny sweater I refashioned that has quickly become one of my favorite sweaters. 
IMG_957211 black dress white sweater

And these are my wedding shoes! I barely wear them, but I love them.

IMG_9578

Also, my hair is getting long. I never realize it until I see it in pictures. Which makes me terrified to cut it off. I think I'm going to wait until I get sick of it, and then take the plunge. It's honestly never been this long before, and now that I have a rocking hair straightener, it looks good when I fix it.

IMG_9571

So for my sociology class, we read a chapter about children with disabilities and how they are treated in Hungary. It was horrifying to find out about how inhumane the institutions used to be for retarded individuals. Thankfully it has improved to a certain degree, but it is still awful in so many parts of the world. I realized about a year ago that one of my passions is children with Down syndrome. I've also realized that I have few enough passions that I need to follow them when I am passionate about something. Although adoption is not a feasible option at this stage in our lives, I hope and pray that sometime in the not-too-distant future it will be. Until then I'm going to look up some volunteer opportunities around this area.

Does anybody have any suggestions or advice for volunteering?

IMG_9576

This Glee video is one of the best things in the world. If you're ever having a bad day, just watch it. I promise, you won't regret it.


Outfit Details:

Sweater dress: Goodwil -- $4.50
Gold sweater: Thrift shop -- $1
Scarf: Express -- $6?
Heels -- $20

Total Cost: $31.50