Altering a Blazer Part II

I decided to by Tippy Hedren from The Birds for Halloween. We went thrifting and I found a giant jacket for $2.06 and a skirt for $.66. Here's my photo journey for refashioning the clothes into being workable. I altered a blazer awhile ago, so I basically did exactly the same thing for this blazer. Also, I'm not in the writing mood, so I'm just going to post pictures. I'm sure you brilliant people can figure out the steps.

IMG_9714
IMG_9722
IMG_9723
IMG_9724
IMG_9727
IMG_9729
IMG_9730
IMG_9734
IMG_9735
IMG_9736

Note: I didn't photograph it, but I also hemmed the jacket several inches to make it a normal length, and then sewed the pockets closet to eliminate the bulkiness. After Halloween, I plan to cut the sleeves back off, hem the armholes and wear it for a vest. Super cool, right? :)