What I Ate Wednesday

Hey greenies, it's Wednesday and time for some "What I Ate Wednesday" fun! The theme for this month is "Fall into Good Habits" as linked up by Jenn over at Peas & Crayons, so check out some of the healthy habits I've been working on, as well as the rest of my gluten-free, vegan food for the day.




5:00 AM Just woke up: warm water with
the juice of half a lemon


5:15 AM Pre-workout snack: 2 slices of Rudi's Multigrian
Gluten-free Bread with Earth Balance vegan butter and
organic strawberry jelly

Workout: 1 hour pilates 10 Minute Solutions: Pilates Perfect Body. Clearly my favorite pilates DVD! Have you tried this yet?




7:30 AM Breakfast: "Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie"
 Tastes like ice cream, looks like ice cream...
actually just rice milk, hemp seeds,
chia seeds, raw cacao powder, spinach,
frozen bananas, and frozen strawberries!
But who needs to know, right?

9:45 AM 1st Morning Snack: "Sneaky Spinach Pancakes"
with maple agave nectar

11:00 2nd Morning Snack: Berry bowl with organic strawberries
and blueberries sweetened with a little xylitol

12:15 PM Lunch: "Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew" . I love
the flavors in this! Cumin, cinnamon, and turmeric...who
knew they could taste so good together?

2:00 PM: 1st Afternoon Snack: 1 bowl of watermelon

3:15 2nd Afternoon snack: Snyder's Gluten-free Pretzels and
Simply SO Sweet Chili Chips. Strange combo, I know, but as a kid
I loved eating pretzels with Doritos...literally in the same bite.
So I created this little gluten-free (healthier) version and it
definitely fits the bill! Ever tried the two together?

4:45 Just got home snack: 1 green juice
with apple, celery, pineapple, kale, lemon
ginger, and cucumber...so refreshing!
Making my own green juice, instead of relying on the green powder I always use is one healthy habit I'm trying to "fall into". I used to juice daily before Avery was born, but over the past year I just haven't had the time to do it...that is unless they come out with a juicer that cleans itself! Anyways, I've found myself craving some fresh green juice lately (thank you fellow WIAW bloggers!), so I've made it a goal to juice daily on the weekends (so much easier then) and at least a few times during the week. Granted produce isn't cheap, but I love the little burst of energy I get after I have my green juice and it's also nice to know the nutrients I'm getting are fresh and fully available for my body to absorb.  Avery has even had some sips of my green juice and she seems to like it. Well, I take that back...she spit it out the first time she tasted it and said, "Whoa, whoa!" But since then she's come back around and wants some of mommy's "juice". ( :

My favorite green juice recipe can be found here called, "Sweet Mean Green". Just so you know, I cut the recipe in half.
5:30 PM: Hold me over till' dinner snack:
"Chocolate Vanilla Smoothie": 1/2 cup vanilla
coconut milk, Chocolate Sun Warrior Rice Protein Powder,
1cup of spinach, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 3 frozen strawberries


7:00 PM Dinner: "Tofu Mushroom Stroganoff" with gluten-free
penne noodles. We love this meal so much, we doubled
the recipe so we could ALL get leftovers the next day!

"Did you say tofu?"

"I love my tofu. Eating it playing with it, it's good for all kinds
of things!"

Oh Avery, tofu makes you silly!


Dessert: My version of  Oreos and milk...
 Rice Dream Original Rice Milk
and KinniToos
(a gluten-free/vegan version of Oreos).
What healthy habits are you working to "fall into"? Share below!

See you all next week...