What I Ate Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everyone! It's that time of the week again and our new "What I Ate Wednesday" theme, courtesy of Peas & Crayons is "Summer Staples."


So today I'll be sharing a few of mine, along with the rest of my gluten-free, vegan food...and of course, my adventures with Avery.

7:30 AM: glass of warm water with
the juice of half of a lemon

Breakfast first? Nah...we better head outside to play! Gotta love being on summer break with Avery.

What are we going to find today?

"Oh yeah, I like it out here!"

Look at that sneaky grin.

When we came back in, the morning started off with a bang...literally!

My fault...I put the bowl to close to the edge of the counter and
when I went to put Avery in her high chair, I knocked it right onto
the floor!
No worries, I'll just make you another bowl Little Miss.
Cereal of choice: Envriokidz Peanut Butter Panda Puffs with
SO Delicious Sugar-Free Vanilla Coconut Milk.

"So what are we going to do today Mom?"

8:15 AM Breakfast: Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie
Raw cacao powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds, spinach,
rice milk, frozen strawberries, and frozen bananas.

To say that this smoothie is a "staple" in my diet is an understatement...I've hade it every day for as long as I can remember! I love it's yummy chocolate flavor and how it gives me the energy I need to start my day!

10:00 AM: My "Sneaky Spinach Pancakes" with Maple Agave
Nectar syrup.
Workout: (while Avery had her first nap) 1 hour of pilates with 10 Minute Solutions: Pilates Perfect Body.




11:30 AM Post-workout Snack: My "green juice" with
apple juice and my favorite green powder.  This is one of my
summer staples, I love how it helps me get my "greens"
in a quick and easy way.

12:15 PM: "Naughty & Nice Vegan Enchilada Casserole" from
Angela @ Oh She Glows with gluten-free noodles, black beans,
red and yellow peppers, Daiya pepperjack cheese, and crunched
chips on top.

This is one of Avery's favorite meals, I think it's the spicy
kick in the homemade enchilada sauce. Yum!

Don't forget the corn tortilla chips! I've been loving Frontera's
"Thin and Crispy" lately.

2:00 PM 1st Afternoon Snack: 1 organic
apple (shared with you know who)

"Yeah, sure Mom, take all the pictures you want. I just want to
watch Sesame Street!"

I wonder who put that there? ( :

3:00 PM 2nd Afternoon Snack:
1 Almond Dream Strawberry Yogurt

4:00 PM 3rd Afternoon snack: 2 slices of Rudi's Multigrian
Gluten-free bread with Earth Balance vegan butter and honey.

5:00 PM: "Chocolate Vanilla Smoothie": vanilla
coconut milk, Chocolate Sun Warrior Rice Protein Powder,
spinach, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 3 frozen strawberries

7:00 PM Dinner: Lasagna: based loosely on this recipe
from Peas & Thank You with a gluten-free roll.

To make this lasagna gluten-free I used Tinkyada rice noodles. To make the sauce more "meaty" I skipped the Field Roast sausage suggested (since it has wheat in it) and used this "Meatless Meat Sauce" recipe of mine. I've also found that if I used 1 1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce it helps to keep the lasagna from getting too dry (as opposed to just one).

Avery chowed down!
But just when everything seemed calm and fine, I looked up and saw this...

Placemat in mouth, lasagna on face...wow, welcome to dinner time
with a 15 month old!

"I better just put my feet on the table to really get this party started!"

After giving our "crazy dinner guest" a bath and putting her to sleep, I relaxed with many spoonfuls of dessert and Brandon and I caught up on some True Blood from our Netflix Queue. What's been on your Queue lately? Any True Blood fans?

Dessert: SO Delicious Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream

See you guys next week!