What I Ate Wednesday

Happy Wednesday greenies! It's time for some WIAW fun, courtesy as linked up to the blog: Peas & Crayons! For today's WIAW I will be sharing what I ate last Wednesday on my first day back to work at my teaching job. It was also Avery's first day back to "daycare" so I'll share some pictures of that.  So let's get started...
 
 
5:00 AM Just woke up:
Warm water with the juice from half a lemon.

5:15 AM: "Sneaky Spinach Pancakes" with Maple Agave
Nectar syrup.
Workout: 1 hour of yoga with Bethenney Frankel's "Skinnygirl Workout"




7:30 AM Breakfast: Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie 
Raw cacao powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds, spinach,
rice milk, frozen strawberries, and frozen bananas


 9:30 AM 1st Morning Snack: "Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins"
from Gluten-Free Goddess 

11:30 AM: "Green Juice" (apple juice + green powder)

12:00 PM Lunch: "Rainbow Veggie Stir Fry" with brown rice,
broccoli, carrots, red peppers, and curry powder.
2:00 PM 1st Afternoon Snack: 1 organic peach

3:00 PM 2nd Afternoon Snack
Almond Dream Strawberry Yogurt


5:00 PM: "Chocolate Vanilla Smoothie": vanilla 
coconut milk, Chocolate Sun Warrior Rice Protein Powder
spinach, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 3 frozen strawberries

Then I got home to see the girl I'd been away from all day, my "big girl," after her first day of "daycare." Granted she doesn't actually go to daycare, as she is watched by my aunt a few days a week and my mother-in-law the other days, so she's just with family. But still, it was her first day away from mama... so we'll call it "daycare".


You can find how I made that quote board in this post.

 Quite a change from her first day of daycare one year ago!

What a chunk she was! He he!



Then we made up for being all day by playing with the dogs outside, with her toys inside, and then with her food at dinner. Check out the fun we had...

"That's my dog!"

She loves the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" song!

We go up the slide right?

Time for some books.

And the stacking rings...I call it her
"brain teaser". 

That's my girl, always thinking, always wondering.

12:30 PM Lunch: Vegan Chili and Pasta, inspired by 
"Cincinnati Suburb Chili" from Vegan on the Cheap 
by Robin Robertson (pinto beans, TVP, tomatoes, 
spices with Tinkyada rice spaghetti noodles, 
topped with fresh onions)


I mixed and matched the noodles for this dinner, Avery got dibs on
the spiral ones, while we had spaghetti. She's getting better with her
fork lately, so that's been fun to see.

"So I made a mess, what cha' going to do about it?" ( :

Dessert: Chocolate Chip Blondies (actually made from chickpeas)
from Chocolate-Covered Katie topped with this sugar-free, 
vegan frosting.

See you guys next week!