So... I'm basically a celebrity, just not as famous...




...because I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Kathryn Laine, who is a former Chicago person. I feel like that automatically makes me feel closer to people. I may have only been living in Chicago for two months, but I love it! I know what you're thinking: "What the heck is the Liebster Award, and who cares?" In my pre-blogging life, I admit I rolled my eyes at these cheesy awards, but now I was thrilled to get nominated. Thrilled. Here's what it is:

The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The word around the blogosphere is that "Liebster" is German for kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, pleasant, endearing and welcome.

The Rules
1. Each person most post post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the people you tag with the award.
3. Chose 11 bloggers (with less then 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award .


My Facts
1. I'm slightly emotionless. It's true. I can watch the saddest movie ever, and I don't really ever cry in it, but what's even worse is that I don't cry in real life either. I guess I've just spent too much time ignoring my sad feelings, so now if I'm sad I just clean like a crazy person and organize my closet and do random things like that. Really, being emotionless has its perks. 

2. I really, really dislike candy. 

3. My elbows are double jointed, except I'm not sure if that's really the correct term. Somebody told me there's no such thing as being double jointed, so I guess my elbows are just unnaturally flexible. I can hold my hands together behind my back and bring them over my head to the front. I try not to do it though, because I like to think I'm normal. 

4. My absolute favorite, favorite movie is The Sound of Music. It's wonderful, and I was inspired to become a nun when I was 10, but then decided I would rather fall madly, deeply in love. I'm still not sure about that one, but I don't think nunhood is for me. 

5. My biggest fear is that my teeth will fall out. And for that reason stairs scare me, because I'm scared I'm going to trip and fall face first and break my teeth. That's one reason I didn't pursue a career as a professional hockey player. 

6. My dream job would be to work for a non-profit organization that pushed for gay rights. I looked for a job like that for several weeks online before we moved to Chicago, but couldn't find one. I will someday, though. 

7. My second biggest fear is daddy long leg spiders. Even typing the name kind of makes me want to shudder. Once I was in a barn and I saw a whole lot of them and I cried and ran. I think that may have scarred me for life. 

8. If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in Albania. There's not really any particular reason for choosing that place except once I read a book about a spy and she went there and had adventures and escaped death and torture, so I decided that I want to visit there. 

9. Sometimes I watch movies a ridiculously large number of times. I've seen Remember the Titans 27 times and can quote the whole thing, which is weird because I don't even like the movie that much, but I keep watching it anyway. 

10. The third pinnacle of my existence is cherry flavored chapstick. That's definitely one of the things I would take on a deserted island if I ever got stranded. Forget the compass or matches, as long as I have chapstick, things would be fine.

11. Whenever my sisters and I say something at the same time, instead of saying jinx, we link pinkies and one person says, "What goes up a chimney?" and the other person says, "smoke." Don't judge.


My Answers
1. Link us to your favorite post!
My favorite post was when I altered a $.66 thrift store blazer. After I saw people pin it on pinterest, repost their jacket tutorials, and visit the link from the blog hops, I became much more encouraged about blogging. Who knows, maybe I'll actually stick with it.  

2. What article of clothing can you not live without?

My Nike shorts. I hate spending money, but my last semester at school, I had enough scholarship money to cover all of my expenses, plus some left over. So the business office gave me a $500 book voucher, and I only needed one book. So what did I do? I bought all of the things that I love, but can't justify buying. Like two bottles of perfume, cologne and a fossil watch for Chase, nike shorts, school t-shirts, and dvd's. It was amazing. 

3. What's in your purse?

Gum, trash, receipts, headphones, more receipts, chapstick x 5, flash drive, pens, tampons, a sewing kit (you never know!), stretchy headbands, q-tips, bandaids, and some receipts. Not terribly exhilarating.

4. What is your favorite book of all time?

Oh geez, I really can't pick just one. I grew up without a tv, so my parents made us read. Therefore, I feel like I've read almost every single book in the world, thus making it much harder to narrow down my favorite than all my tv watching peers. At least, that's my story. I really like The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen, God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew, and all of the Narnia books by C.S. Lewis. There, that's three. 

5. What's your favorite thing to cook?

Um, probably nothing. I really don't enjoy cooking. Chase cooks probably more often than I do, which is ridiculously amazing. I'm really thankful I don't have a chauvinistic traditional  husband who expects me to cook and clean for him. I think I would die of insanity.

6. Favorite movie of all time?

That one's easy. The Sound of Music. I watch it anytime I'm sick of sad, and I have every single word of every single song memorized. Rushmore is also a great movie, but even it can't compare to the Sound of Music.

7. Heels or flats?

Heels? But I usually wear flats. However, heels make me feel ridiculously hot, so I love wearing them. 

8. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?

Um, I don't have one... Well, I guess it's kind of in my head, but I don't have one written down. I hate super scary things like going sky-diving or travelling the Amazon. I would seriously pee my pants if I had to jump out of an airplane, and after watching eight seasons of Grey's Anatomy, I would think of all the parasites and diseases I would get if I traveled somewhere like the Amazon. However, I would like to swim in an Artesian Spring and buy a green t-shirt at Joe's Crab Shack. 


9. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?
Well, I can't think of the biggest risk I've EVER taken, but last night Chase and I were flying home from Dallas. We were on different flights, and both of our flights were delayed. We finally got to Chicago after 10pm, and decided to take the train home to save money and have an adventure. So we took the train from the airport to downtown first. There were several drunk people on it, and I'm really thankful I didn't get vomited on. But we finally got to our stop and had to walk about a mile to the next station. With suitcases. Through downtown. At 11:30pm. Then we sat in the other train station until 12:40 to take the train to our house. But we made it.  

10. You can only shop at one store for the rest of your life - what store is it?

Ooh, Salvation Army!

11. What inspired you to start blogging?

My husband, Chase. I blog-stalked for months, and finally he said, "MB, just start your own blog!" And I said, "Okay." And the rest, as they say, is history. 

My Questions 
(I'm shortening to five. Let's be honest, eleven is a BIG number!):
1. If you were a country, what country would you be?
2. If a movie were made about your life, who would you want to play you?
3. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be?
4. What would be a good "friend date" to go on?
5. You have a day with absolutely no plans. What would be your ideal way to spend it?

My People
(shortened to five also)
Tiny Bits of Nonsense
Wunderbar
Classy Living
Random Mutterings
Heart and Thrift