d.i.y. hairbows

Easiest. Tutorial. Ever. Plus, it's a great way to use up some scrap fabric. I love the tiny clip-in hairbows that some people wear, so I made myself some yesterday. Here's how YOU can too. 


Start with six inches of fabric. I didn't measure the width of it, but it's was probably 6" x 3". I made two, which is why there are in fact, two pieces of fabric. 



After that, I folded it in half, right sides together, and sewed it into a tube. I flipped it right side out and ironed it, making sure the seam was in the middle of the fabric.


Next, I copied the exact same thing, but on a much smaller scale for the loop around the bow. 

I folded the bow, bringing the two ends into the middle, and pinched it together into a bow-shape and stitch it a few times with my machine to hold the shape.



Then I looped the smaller fabric around the center and sewed it as close to that as possible.



I stuck an alligator clip through the loop part and hotglued it in a few places to keep everything neat and together.


How easy and fun is that? I want to make some in every single fabric pattern.

Also, have you noticed the changes on my blog? I have a small problem with an over-zeal for blog-editing. I adore changing my navigation bar, buttons, header, and everything. I wish I were better at it and could get paid to blog-design. :) If you're new here and you kind of like my blog, you know, like a little bit, then you could possibly, maybe, perhaps think about um, *cough* following me? I would undoubtedly love you forever and like you for always. What can I say, I'm a cheap friend.

Now go make some bows!

Linked up with:
http://www.recycled-fashion.com/
http://www.vintagegwen.com/
http://www.apinchofjoy.com/2012/08/busy-monday-week-of-august-26/