Kicking it American Style (Alternate Title: Party in the USA)

Here are some simple DIY projects for the Fourth of July. I really, really wish I were the type of person who dressed in red, white, and blue for Independence Day, but I'm not. I don't wear green on St. Patrick's day, I wore jeans to church on Easter, and I don't even wear a red sweater at Christmas. But I think theme clothing is cool on other people. Here's a smattering of the creativity out there on the internet.

1. Striped Tote Bag. I love the thin-to-thick stripes on the bag and how carefree it looks. It would be perfect for taking to the pool or the beach all summer long.


DIY: Fourth of July Striped Tote

 2. Custom Shoes. Need I say more? These would be amazing to wear to the Fourth of July parade in your town.
Image from dreamalittlebigger.com

3. Spray Painted Tank Top. This shirt actually looks totally doable. It would look cute on a white tank top for a slightly more polished look also.



Jessica Beil


I hope that sparks some creativity and inspiration for the holiday. I actually might just paint my nails. Why not, right?