Make Your Own Fruit & Veggie Wash (Video)

One of my favorite ways to go green is to learn how to make things instead of buying them, case in point: fruit and veggie wash. I don't know about the kind you buy, but the kind I used to get was pricey!  Now I'm all about getting my fruits and veggies clean (even if they are organic), but I'm not about to spend an arm and a leg to do it.  So after some researching I discovered that vinegar is an excellent cleaner and when mixed in a 1:1 ratio with water, a simple fruit and veggie wash can be born! Talk about cheap considering that I've had the same bottle of distilled white vinegar for over a year and am just now getting below the halfway mark.

Get those fruits and veggies clean with your own
homemade cleaner!
Now onto that recipe....

Fruit & Veggie Wash

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup vinegar (I use distilled white vinegar)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • funnel
  • spray bottle
The short ingredient list.
Steps:
  1. Pour 1/2 cup vinegar into spray bottle
  2. Pour 1/2 cup water into spray bottle
  3. Shake and you're done!
  4. Spray onto fruits and veggies and then wash off with water to get them clean and ready to eat.
Here's a video of Avery and I making the "Fruit & Veggie Wash" and boy she is as lively as ever! 





Have you ever made your own fruit and veggie cleaner? If so, share the recipe below!
Happy veggie cleaning!

This post was recently linked up to Frugally Sustainable's: "Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways Blog Hop". So be sure to head on over there and find some other fun, frugal, and green ideas!