What I Ate Wednesday





Here are my gluten-free, vegan eats for the day...

5:00 AM Just woke up snack: Food for Life Gluten-Free English Muffin,
with organic strawberry jelly and Earth Balance butter.

Workout: 1 hour yoga with 10 Minute Solutions: Yoga DVD




7:30 AM Breakfast: Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie

9:15 AM First Morning Snack: Peanut & Jelly Larabar


10:15 AM 2nd Morning Snack: 2 gluten-free vegan pancakes
with Agave Nectar as syrup. Recipe from: The Cinnamon Quill.


12:15 PM Lunch: "Broccoli Skillet" with brown rice, broccoli,
carrots, red pepper, onion, tomato, curry powder, and
Braggs Liquid Aminos.

2:30 1st Afternoon Snack: 1 organic orange

Time for that extra cup of veggies with this yummy, vegan comfort food...
3:30 2nd Afternoon Snack: small bowl of
 "Cheesy Corn Quinoa"...this cheesy bowl of goodness hits
the spot and packs a powerful punch with lots of
great nutrients from the quinoa (a type of grain)and
nutritional yeast (used to make the cheese).


4:30 PM: "Green Juice" (aka green powder + apple juice)


5:30 Just-got-home snack: "Chocolate Vanilla Smoothie": vanilla
coconut milk, Chocolate Sun Warrior Rice Protein Powder,
spinach, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 3 frozen strawberries.

Time to play with Avery...

Playing peek-a-boo in the stairs.

How about a little "scrunchy face"!


7:00 PM Dinner: Veggie Burger with homemade BBQ Baked Beans
(recipe to come soon), and Alexia Crinkle Cut Sweet Potato Fries
seasoned with Salt & Pepper.

This is my new favorite burger that I found at my local health food store. I've been a Sunshine Burger girl, since I went vegan 3 years ago...since it's one of the only gluten-free, vegan burgers I've found that actually taste good. But when I found these new Sol Burgers, I hit the jackpot! The texture and consistency is very similar to meat...but it comes in a kinder, veggie form.

When I first tasted it, I thought there was a bit too much "pepper flavor", but over time I've come to really like it. Anyone else ever try this burger before? What are your thoughts?

My new favorite gluten-free, vegan veggie burger:
Sol Cuisine Original Burger.
Curious about the ingredients? Here you go:
"Ingredients: Filtered Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Sunflower Oil, Organic Lemon Juice Concentrate, Onion, Modified Cellulose, Tomato Powder, Sea Salt, Garlic, Spices, Caramel Colour."

Pretty short ingredient list for a veggie burger, if you ask me!

Now onto dinner...

Avery was more of a fan of the beans.

"Who me?"

I tired to convert her to love ketchup (like I do)...
Dessert: Chocolate Chip Blondies (actually made from chickpeas)

Did you eat anything good this Wednesday? Share below!
See you next week.