What I Ate Wednesday

Hey greenies! It's What I Ate Wednesday time again (or WIAW as we like to call it over on Peas & Crayons).





Here's my gluten-free, vegan food for the day, as well as some adventures with Avery...

5:00 AM Just woke up snack: Sausage McMuffin (as I like to call it)!
Really it's just a Food for Life Gluten-Free English Muffin,
with a Veggie Breakfast Patty (aka veggie sausage) and some maple
agave nectar.  Gives me a little extra protein boost first thing.

Remember last week when I told you about my new favorite
veggie burger, by Sol Cuisine? Well, they also have these
rockin' Breakfast Patties that taste just like real sausage,
but minus little piggies. Even better, they're gluten-free!
Workout: 1 hour of pilates with 10 Minutes Solutions: Pilates Perfect Body. Some people out there may think pilates is so easy and just a bunch of stretching, but truly it's not. This DVD is proof! By about halfway through the workout my muscles start to shake a bit and I'm usually sore the next day. This is one good workout DVD. Any other pilates fans out there?



7:30 AM Breakfast: Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie
9:15 AM First Morning Snack: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar

10:15 AM 2nd Morning Snack: 2 gluten-free vegan pancakes
with Agave Nectar as syrup. Recipe from: The Cinnamon Quill.

Time to load up on some veggies...
12:15 PM Lunch: "Yammy Burritos" with sweet potatoes, red peppers,
tomatoes, onions, salsa, and cilantro on 2 corn tortilla shells.
 On the side? You guessed it, good ol' homemade
 guacamole and corn tortilla chips

2:15 PM 1st Afternoon Snack: 1 organic orange



3:30 2nd Afternoon Snack: 1 Strawberry Amande
Almond Yogurt

4:30 PM: "Green Juice" (aka green powder + apple juice)

5:30 Just-got-home snack: "Chocolate Vanilla Smoothie": vanilla
coconut milk, Chocolate Sun Warrior Rice Protein Powder,
spinach, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 3 frozen strawberries.

Shortly after getting home, I got started on dinner...lasagna!


What does everyone else do with their baby/babies while cooking dinner? When Brandon's home we usually "tag team it" but on times when I'm by myself, I try to come up with activities for Avery to keep her happy and busy, as opposed to pulling at my legs to be held and crying.

Tonight's choice: put her in her high chair and feed her, followed by letting her explore in the kitchen.
She had some strawberry almond yogurt of her own as she
tried out the spoon.
The high chair option seems to work well, in that it keeps her in one spot and she's up at counter level (she likes to see what I'm doing). This option lasted until I got dinner in the oven, but while cleaning up the kitchen and putting things away from the day, she decided she was done with her high chair, so we moved onto the next activity..."raiding" our fridge. Here she found her new favorite toy...the lime juice container! I kept wondering if she would get the lid off and taste the lime juice, but she never did. Nonetheless, she had a great time with it.
"Look what I found in the fridge!"
She took it everywhere she went
as she walked around the kitchen.

She then volunteered to help me with the dishwasher, her
2nd favorite kitchen appliance.
By that point we were both tired of being cooped up inside and we took our show on the road and headed outside to visit the dogs.
"Oh Dogs, where are you?"

She doesn't mind getting dirty.

Just having some porch fun with Avery.
By that time, dinner was ready and we were hungry so we headed inside to have some delicious gluten-free, vegan lasagna.
7:00 PM Dinner: Lasagna: based loosely on this recipe
from Peas & Thank You with a gluten-free roll.
To make this lasagna gluten-free I used Tinkyada rice noodles. To make the sauce more "meaty" I skipped the Field Roast sausage suggested (since it has wheat in it) and used this "Meatless Meat Sauce" recipe of mine.  I've also found that if I used 1 1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce it helps to keep the lasagna from getting too dry (as opposed to just one).

Avery chowed down on this lasagna, as you can see...

She's a "pasta girl" like her mama!
Then I capped off the night with my new favorite dessert right now:
Dessert: Chocolate Chip Blondies (actually made from chickpeas)
from Chocolate-Covered Katie topped with a sugar-free, vegan
vanilla frosting. Can't wait to share this recipe with you soon...
I discovered it while preparing for Avery's 1st B-day party!
See you all next week!