A few weeks ago when I got my sewing machine, I went through my closet and put everything that I haven't worn in the last year in a box. It's my refashioning stash and whenever I need something to do, I look through and find clothing to redo. This evening while Chase slaved away on a giant religion paper, I looked in my box and decided to make a tank-top dress. I had a sundress I bought on sale at least four years ago and a semi-stretched out tank top.
The lining was ripping out on the tank top, so it definitely was ready for a refashioning.
Blegh. Luckily, this problem is easily fixed. I cut some of the lining out of the dress and sewed it together to make a sash. After I turned it right side out, I ironed it flat.
|Sorry for the myspace picture. I never realized how hard it|
is to get the self-timer to take a full-body picture!
This dress was a pretty easy project. The only problem is that the skirt part isn't very stretchy, so I have to be careful getting the dress on and off. I think I should have sewed the skirt onto some elastic the same size as the tank top, and then sewed my shirt into the elastic. That would probably add some extra stretch. I am excited to make more of these! I think it will be perfect for summer.