DIY Lace Earrings



I went thrift-store shopping today and scored this lace tablecloth for two dollars. I have such big plans for all of the lace skirts and lace shirts and lace dresses and lace everything I will make. I didn't feel like sewing tonight, though, so I decided to make lace earrings. Because that's a thing now.
 Isn't the lace beautiful? Isn't our Harper cat beautiful too? It's stained with kool-aid (thus the two dollar tag...), but there are plenty of non-stained parts to work with.
 I looked through the lace and found a pattern, cut out two identical pieces, then painted each side with Elmer's glue to make the lace stiffer.

 I let it dry, then inserted earring hooks, and done! I luf them alot alot. I'll probably wear them for the rest of the week. Think I'm joking? Definitely not joking. :) In other news, we found an apartment in Chicago today and will be moving in 5 1/2 weeks. I can't wait to live in such an exciting city! I'm not going to lie, though, the most exciting thing for me is going to be seeing the huge silver bean-shaped sculpture that was in the movie The Vow. That's what I'm looking forward to the most.