What I Ate Wednesday

Happy WIAW to everyone! Gotta love Wednesdays. My students and I were buzzing all day today about the possibility of getting our first snow of the season tonight.  Hard to believe that here in Missouri, we've yet to have an actual big snow storm, but we haven't.  This makes teaching preschoolers about snowmen and snowflakes (my typical activities and themes for January) a bit difficult.  I think some of them seriously thought I was making "snow" up. 

We'll have to wait until morning to see how much snow we will actually get.  I think they are only predicting 1-3 inches, but who knows, maybe we'll get a snow day!

Enough talk, let's get to the food.

Here's this nursing mama's gluten-free, vegan eats for the day:
Pre-workout snack: Rice Chex cereal with SO Sugar-Free
Vanilla Coconut Milk.

Workout: 1 hour of yoga: 10 Minute Solutions Yoga DVD. I tried this out over Christmas break, and loved it. I was sore for a few days from all the chaturangas (yoga push ups), but overall an awesome workout.




Breakfast: Surprise, surprise my favorite green smoothie...
a "Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie"
1st snack of the day: organic apple
Mid-morning snack: Gluten-free, vegan pancakes from
Cinnamon Quill with Maple Agave Nectar as my syrup.

Lunch: Gluten-free Tinkyada pasta with "Sneaky Sauce"
(organic Marinara spaghetti sauce, cooked lentils,
and spinach all blended in the mixer).

Dessert: 2 Gluten-free, vegan cookies from Cinnamon Quill.

Afternoon snack: Instead of 2-3 small snacks (as I normally have),
I had one big snack: 2 corn tortillas with black beans,
Cheddar Daiya cheese, and Trader Joe's fresh salsa.

Just got home/playing with Avery snack:
"Green Orange Julius Smoothie": Orange Juice,
1 handful of spinach,1 1/2 frozen bananas,
handful of ice cubes.
Lately I've been giving my smoothies to Avery in her Lollacup (a brilliant creation that merges a sippy cup with a straw cup).  Here she is downin' her "Green Orange Julius" while driving in her pink walker car!

Drinking her green smoothie.

Gotta love some green smoothie drool.

After the smoothie is was time for a stairs workout...in the
skinny jeans.

Then some "bonding time" with Jilly.
 Then it was one of her favorite parts of the whole day...when Dad gets home!

Dad's home!

She is quite the Daddy's girl!  ( :

She got a little "air time" as well.
Then it was time for dinner:

Dinner: Bun-less "Cheese Stuffed Bean Burgers" from Mama Pea
with steamed broccoli and melted cheddar Daiya cheese.
Love these burgers!
Now usually I've got cute food pictures to show you of our happy little vegan family eating our delicious dinner in peace and with smiles all around...but not tonight.

Not always butterflies and rainbows when it comes to feeding
an 8 month old.

Avery was not in the mood. Poor girl was just tired. I'm trying to ease out her late-afternoon nap because half of the time she doesn't even want to take it, but today was one of those days she probably just could have taken it. At least she was able to go to bed early and is sleeping peacefully as we speak. 

But dinner on the other hand, did not go so well. She was not in the mood to sit in her high chair and be strapped in.  So everytime we would put food out in front of her she would swipe it away and onto the floor. 

She did perk up for some Udi's Gluten-free bread that I toasted for her.  I think the crust felt good on her "teething gums".


"I guess this will work you guys."

Well that wraps up my food and events for this Wednesday.  Happy WIAW to you all and I'll see you next week!