Sharpie Pen - Stainless Steel


After hearing about the release of a stainless steel version of the Sharpie Pen, I immediately picked up two. As of this posting, I have only found this version of the Sharpie Pen at Office Max and target, but I'm assuming they will be widely available soon. 


Just as the writing sample states, I wholeheartedly recommend the steel version of the Sharpie Pen. I noted that the only complaint I have is that the name rubs off of the barrel. This could be an easy fix if the name itself was just embossed steel, but I am assuming that method would have been more expensive than some black paint. 

At any rate, I think this is a pretty rugged pen, so the name rubbing off adds character. What's more, you get skip-free ink with no feathering or bleeding. The ink is not quite jet black, but it is dark enough to fit the bill for what I think 'black' ink should be. I just hope that they end up making refills in other colors, too. 


So, I bought two of these, and this is the one that I have been carrying around with me for the last few weeks.



Here is the other side of the same pen - the name has rubbed off even more than the other side.


Here is an unused steel Sharpie Pen next to the one I've been using for about three weeks. One interesting effect of carrying one of these in my pocket is that it is actually brighter/shinier than the unused one. 


And here is the cap. I love how it has the retro-futuristic look. But, like the Zebra F-701, why did they use plastic on the top? An all steel look would have been better, at least as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter - this pen is about $6.00 and is completely worth it. 


The grip is nice and sticky, but it does attract dust and fuzzies. I don't really mind this, but I know a lot of people do.


The point does wear down somewhat quickly, but I write fairly hard. The point in front is the unused pen, while the one in back is the one I have been using for a few weeks. The shape has absolutely changed, but it hasn't really changed the writing performance. Besides, once the refill is used up, just pop in a new one and you have an entirely new point. 

So, there are a couple areas that could use improvement, but I still give this pen 4, out of 5, stars. For the money, I'd probably give this pen a solid 4.5 stars. In short, you should try one.