What I Ate Wednesday...

So one of my favorite things to read on blogs is what people eat on a daily basis.  Not just recipes here and there, but what they really eat from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed. What are their favorite snacks? What do they love to have for breakfast? What fun new recipes are they trying? All those things are so fun to follow from a blog perspective, especially if their diet is gluten-free or vegan. I feel like I spend a lot of time on my blog sharing what I've learned from books, documentaries, other websites, etc. but I don't always show how I make it work for me (at least when it comes to the food I eat).  So that's led me to starting "What I Ate Wednesdays"...I saw this catchy title on a few other foodie blogs (like this one) so I figured I'd jump right in with it too.  I'm not sure if I'll get to posting every single Wednesday, but I'll try. 

Now a few things to keep in mind...I'm not perfect. I try to eat as healthy as I can with my gluten-free, vegan diet, but there's always room for improvement. I wish I could get more greens in my diet, and I'd love to make a big ol' glass of green juice every morning, but for now I just don't have the time, so I have a green smoothie instead. Don't get me wrong, I've come a long way from my pre-green-, pre-vegan, pre-gluten-free days back in college where my favorite snacks were Smores Pop-Tarts, and one of my go-to meals was chocolate chip waffles with a Dole gel-fruit cup thing.  Boy oh boy...the times have changed.  Nowadays, I try to take some of my favorite foods from the past and "green them up" by switching out unhealthy or non-vegan ingredients, because just like most people, I love comfort food, snacks, and dessert. 
Another thing to note about my food from today, I am still breastfeeding Avery on demand (when I'm home) and pumping while I'm at work.  I also workout for a minimum of an hour each day.  All these things give me a pretty big appetite, so if it seems like I eat a lot...I do! This nursing mama gets hungry! ( :

So let's get this going, here's what I ate this Wednesday...

Just woke up: Elderberry Juice with...

My pre-workout snack: Enjoy Life Cinnamon Raisin Crunch
Granola with Sugar-Free Vanilla Coconut Milk

Post-workout snack & breakfast:
"Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie"...
love this smoothie! ( :

Mid-morning snack: 2 gluten-free, vegan pancakes (recipe here),
with maple agave nectar.

Lunch: "Quick and Hearty Vegan Chili" (recipe here)
with black beans, pinto beans, and TVP...
and some corn tortilla chips.

Mid-Afternoon snack: 1 banana

2nd mid-afternoon snack: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Larabar...love this flavor!

Just got home snack: "Green Orange Julius Smoothie":
Vanilla Sunwarrior Rice Protein Powder, orange juice,
1 1/2 frozen bananas, some ice, and spinach.

Avery loves smoothies...especially this one.  No milk
mustache for this vegan girl...we'll take a green
smoothie one instead.

Dinner: "Taco Veggie Mix" Burritos (recipe here) with corn,
green pepper, onion, and fire-roasted tomatoes. Alongside
some cilantro-lime brown rice on corn tortillas
 with Cheddar Daiya cheese.

Dessert: Banana Ice Cream: 2 frozen bananas
 blended in a food processor till smooth and ice cream-like. 
Topped with Ah!laska chocolate syrup.
So that's my food from this Wednesday, can you tell I eat a lot of bananas?! Probably 5-6 total today. What can I say, I like bananas. Not to mention that they're inexpensive, they fill you up, they're loaded with vitamins and nutrients, and when frozen, they can resemble ice cream.  Gotta love it! Any other banana fans?

Well, that's it.  I hope you had fun seeing what I ate this Wednesday.  Did you eat anything good? Post below.