What I Ate Wednesday

Hello my green friends, boy is Thanksgiving vacation over.  It's back to real life, back to school, back to busy.  So I'm taking a break from the craziness to talk about something I love: food...gluten-free, vegan food that is! Now let's get this food party started and see what I had to eat today... (keep in mind I'm still nursing and pumping, so if my portions seem a bit large, I'm one hungry mama!)

(Want to join in the "What I Ate Wednesday" fun? Check over at Peas & Crayons and get linked up!)

Pre-workout snack: Rice Chex cereal, SO Delicious
Sugar Free Vanilla Coconut Milk

Workout: 1 hour pilates with this DVD (10 Minute Solutions: Pilates)


Breakfast: Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie
once again.

Mid-morning snack #1: organic honeycrisp apple


Mid-morning snack #2: 2 slices Rudi's Gluten-Free Multigrain
Bread with Earth Balance butter and organic strawberry jelly

Lunch: a new Mexican casserole-like dish I tried with corn,
millet, quinoa, pinto beans, tomatoes, salsa, Daiya cheese,
onions and some lovely spices...and of course corn tortilla chips.
This stuff was delicious! Going to be making it again soon.

Afternoon snack #1: 1 cup organic frozen peaches (thawed
out a little bit)

Afternoon snack #2: a generous serving of my new favorite chips:
Beanitos Black Bean Chips in "Chipotle BBQ" flavor.  These
chips taste amazing and come packed with a great
nutritional punch! My kids at school called them
 "Chocolate Chips" because of their color -lol!

Just got home/putting something together for Avery snack:
"Green Orange Julius Smoothie" (Sunwarrior Vanilla Rice
Protein Powder, orange juice, ice, 1 1/2 frozen bananas,
spinach)  What could I be putting together?

Avery offered to help with the instructions ( :

And the surprise is...a Combi All-in-One Activity Walker/Bouncer! Best part? It looks like a car! It's kid of an early Christmas present for Avery.  Now die-hard greenies beware: it's made of plastic-gasp! But now that Avery has gotten this whole crawling thing down she is constantly on the go and I thought this would be a fun way for her to move around independently without me constantly having to support her or make sure she doesn't bump into this or bump into that (even though we still do that all the time). 
My new car..I mean "walker".


And what did she do the first time I put her in it?
Cry of course ) :  To her benefit, she was tired and cranky.
Dinner: Sunshine Burger "Southwest" flavor, with Roasted
 Sweet Potatoes vegetarian baked beans.

I made really big roasted sweet potato bites for Avery, like the
size of large fries so she could hold them better.

They were also a hit with my dog Jilly who had no problem
cleaning up the dropped food.

Even in a vegan house, table scraps are table scraps!

Dessert: a small glass of this amazing
holiday drink...Westsoy's Chocolate
Peppermint Stick Soy Milk...yum!
After dinner we gave the "Walker Car" a try one more time and...
After getting Jilly's approval...

She started to warm up to it...

And have fun with it!

Surprise, surprise a Dairdevil Boards sticker
ended up on the "bumper" (in case you don't
know, that's the skateshop my husband owns!)

I'm sure I'll be posting about the "Walker Car" in next month's blog post, we'll see if it's a hit with little missy or if the tears return each time she's in it? I bet once she realizes what she can do with it, she'll be going, going, and then gone! Hope you enjoyed my eats for the day...see you next week.