Avery's First Halloween

Well it sure has been a fun past week or two as we got in the Halloween spirit with Avery.  I must admit that Halloween kind of lost it's appeal to me over the past few years, just because there wasn't much to get excited about.  But now that Avery's here, everything has changed.  I think it's safe to say that Halloween is fun again!

I've always had visiting a pumpkin patch on my "fall bucket list" so this year we went and we had a blast.  We went to a Johnson Farms Plants & Pumpkins, a local pumpkin patch and working farm.
Here are some pictures of the fun we had:

I wonder how tall she'll be next year?

What a fun idea!
There were also some farm animals there that we got to see.  Needless to say, they gave us many reminders as to why we're vegan. ( :
Adorable pigs.


Fun with Dad.

Not so sure about the llamas!

Back in a pumpkin again?!


Looks like she's about to do a PSA for veganism,
"Please don't eat the turkeys."


Then after a short hayride we made it to the actual pumpkin patch.

Time to get in the wheel barrel.

"I think I'll pick this one!"

Her favorite part of the whole thing was trying to eat the hay. See below...
"This looks interesting..."

"Don't mind if I do..."

"Oh no you don't! says Dad.


Time to hang with Mom.


Admiring the corn field.

Here's the pumpkin she/we picked...just her size.
The fun continued on Halloween night when she got to wear the costume I got her off Etsy about 2 months ago! What was she you ask? A mermaid! He he! I saw the idea online and after tracking down where I could buy the costume, I was sold.  It was only after I had purchased it that I realized it was somewhat fitting since she was born in the water.  Either way, I knew it was just perfect for her.  So when good ol' Halloween came, we dressed her up and out came our little (or not so little) mermaid!

Our little mermaid.

Like my fake "water"? ( :

Making waves...

The seashell top was my favorite part!

What's a Halloween without some Daddy time?

"Wrestling Mermaid" came out for this family pic...boy
does she love to pull my hair!
Happy Halloween everyone!