Affordable Eco: Fashion Finds Under $50

Hey everyone! It's been a little while so I apologize. I'm happy to report that I've survived Hurricane Irene (and an earthquake!). Lots of power outages and flooding in my area, but it looks like things are getting back to normal, including my blogging! So let's get started, shall we?

Like a lot of you out there, I'm a green girl on a budget. I'm always hunting for a good eco bargain. Finding sustainable fashion that's affordable is a bit challenging. But it's not impossible, I promise. So in order to prove this, I've put together some under $50 finds. I was going for a preppy surfer type vibe, check it out:


Bracelet: "Hemp Pebble Bracelet" by Design Spark - $27.99
Backback: by Baggu. Made of 100% recycled cotton - $32.00
Shoes: "Hemp Palisades Vulc" by Vans. Made with 100% sustainable hemp. Water based dyes and glues - $42.00
Sweater: "V Co. Logical Striped Sweater" by Volcom - $41.60
Scarf: "Develop a Crush Scarf" by Global Girlfriend. Handmade and fairly traded in India - $18.00

Let me know what you think! I want to try and turn this into a regular feature :)