Pilot G-Tec-C4 Five Color Pack

 

This is the five color multi-pack of Pilot G-Tec-C4 pens that I purchased at Staples a few weeks ago. I have to say, it is great to see better offerings at the local office supply store, and I hope this trend continues. It wasn't until somewhat recently that the .38 mm Pilot G-2 started showing up around the U.S., so maybe one day we will start seeing the ultra-fine point Sarasa, the Signo DX, et. al. around town. I noted in the written review that these seem to be the Hi-Tec-C packaged with a different name. I am torn about the fact that these are the same as the Hi-Tec-C. I use to love the Hi-Tec-C more than any other pen, but it seems like you can find something better depending on what characteristics you like most in your pens. There are many other pens that I would choose over the Hi-Tec-C/G-Tec-C4 at this point, and it all relates to writing performance.

For this review I had to prime the pens to get the ink flowing, and I had particular troubles getting the red pen to keep a consistent line. All of the other ones performed pretty well, but it seems like you end up with skipping issues if you write too quickly with these pens. I used a Rhodia Reverse book for this review, and the bright colors look great in it, but I wish Pilot had done something about problematic ink issues in this model. At any rate, I was quite glad to see something new on the shelf. And, at about $6 (U.S.), these are pretty nice to write with.