by Katy Green
Recycling is great but precycling is even better because you are helping to reduce waste. Personal products add so much waste because most are packaged in plastic and plastic does not biodegrade well.
Did you know it takes about 700 years for plastic bottles to decompose in a landfill!
|Mouthwash in a Glass Carafe|
There are many ways to precycle toiletries by buying in bulk and using recycled containers, take a gander at shoptobegreen top 5 ways to precycle your personal products:
- Use a handmade soap bar instead of liquid soap. Liquid soap is packaged in a plastic container which means more waste. There are so many handmade soaps available and the natural ingredients are healthy for your skin.
- If you use facial cleanser daily try natural homemade facial cleansers instead, it takes less than 5 minutes of your time.
- Try Tom’s of Maine toothpaste instead of your regular brand they strive to make healthy natural products and their packaging is environmentally friendly. I know this not precycling but at least your brushing with natural ingredients.They actually list what is not in their toothpaste.
- Go to your local beauty supply shop to buy bulk shampoo and conditioner and then use a glass bottle or recycle your soap dispensers to dispense the shampoo.
- Everyone usually keeps mouthwash in plastic containers instead put your mouthwash in a nice glass carafe and then make your own mouthwash:
Baking Soda/ Tea Tree Mouthwash Recipe – Add one cup of water to 2 drops of mint oil, 1 drop of tea tree and l teaspoon of baking powder. Fresh, minty and pretty on your sink counter.
Visit us often for more articles on precycling.