Uniball Signo DX Brown Black vs. Zebra Sarasa Clip Tea Brown


Let me be very clear: Both of these pens are awesome, and I highly recommend that you try each of them. Depending on your preferences, you might like one more than the other, but it is hard to fault either of these options given the price.

  •  I did not experience skipping or any issues with the ink flow. Both pens have sharp lines and a similar line width. 
  • The colors are vibrant and are exactly what one might expect given the names of the color.
  • As a chocolate fan, the colors remind of milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Yummy.
  • The points are small, but the ink is bold and easy to read. While both pens are refillable, it might be difficult to find refills in these colors. But the pens are cheap, and you can try both for under $4.00 U.S. 
  • I prefer to use the DX when I am on the go, because I have a tendency to get ink  on my pockets and it bleeds through my pants, so the capped works better for me.
  • If you like retractable, the clip on the Sarasa is large and could easily grab a bunchof loose paper, a notepad, or a folder.
  • The paper shown here is a Doane Grid + Lines 8.25" x 11.75" notepad, a personal favorite, and the lines of the ink look great with the lines of the paper. I also like the way these brown inks look in Field Notes which has brown lines on the paper, complementing the colors of the gel ink.
  • You can get both of these great pens in a wide variety of colors so, if you don't like brown, you can go find whatever color you want.


Relevant Links: