All that is Fall

Today, after snuggling with Cruz for two hours in the recliner, I decided it was time to get out of the house for awhile. I pulled the baby wheels out of the trunk of the car, wrapped Cruz up in a sand colored knitted blanket, and strolled down the sidewalks of our neighborhood. We’re nearing the end of one of the prettiest Octobers in my memory and I was determined to give Cruz the opportunity to get a taste of it before it gets too cold.




Somewhere between giving birth, bringing home a baby, and getting used to this new thing called parenthood, I failed to notice just how pretty our neighborhood was. On our street alone, there was a tree dressed in every shade of fall. Crisp orange, burnt red, golden brown, and lime green covered the sidewalks and crunched under the wheels of the stroller, creating a perfect melody to lull Cruz to sleep. Every now and then, when I stopped to snap a picture of a leaf or a tree, I found myself caught under a rain storm of falling leaves. By the time we reached our driveway, Cruz was perfectly decorated in maple, oak, ash, and birch. He didn’t seem to mind a bit.



It’s been a fall to remember. What began with a belly the size of a pumpkin and cravings for pumpkin spice cappuccino, comfort food, and a Honeycrisp-apple-a-day, has transformed to late night lullabies, footed sleepers, and afternoon naps with a swaddled baby on my chest. Our little hot box has warmed our lives in ways we couldn’t even comprehend…he’s transformed our little family and made our cozy little nest complete.