12 Weeks and Nursery Ideas

Hey everyone, so I think this little baby has been doing some growing this week because I sure have felt tired! In the prior weeks it seemed like my focus was on food, but now my focus has been on sleep! I have taken a 20 minute nap everyday for a week now, usually I'd be lucky to get 2-3 in a week. On top of that I've been going to bed early too! Wow! As a result of all this sleep, this baby sure seems to be growing. I feel like my lower abdomen has finally "popped" as you can see from the pic to the left and to the right. Usually that part of my hip/low abs was flat...but no more. Pop goes the baby! ( : I'm excited that it's growing!
12 weeks

Other than the fatigue and growing feelings, week number 12 has treated me very well! Next week the baby will graduate from a plum to a peach!



Starting to pop out a bit!

Now anyone who has ever been pregnant can probably remember the common questions that people ask you when you're expecting. Here's the list of my top four most commonly asked questions or comments:
1- "You're showing already!" (Yes, I'm 3 months pregnant should I not be showing?!)
2- "Have you been sick at all?" (Luckily I have not, yeah!)
3- "Are you going to find out whether it's a girl or boy?" (You bet! We are counting down the days! But we have about 7-8 weeks still to go!)
4- "What are your nursery ideas?" (Let me get back to you on that one!)

Up until the last few weeks I had a few nursery ideas, but no real plans. So lately I've been browsing around the internet looking for colors/themes/and styles I like and I figured I share with you all what I found. For starters, here's what the room looks like to begin with. It's kind of a smaller room, but I think it will work perfect for a nursery. Just a note, the color of the walls will be staying the same. When we had our house painted this summer with a healthy, zero-VOC paint we picked this color out (we love tans and neutrals) and I want to keep it as the main color and just add accent colors once we know the sex.

My blank-slate of a nursery.


My baby vision board wall.

Also, you might be wondering what's up on the walls of that 3rd pic, well that's my baby vision boards. I discovered vision boards after reading The Secret and I have several scattered around the house. I use them for daily motivation, to remind me what I'm working for, and just as a place to put ideas. For example, I have several baby products on this baby vision board that I came across before I was pregnant that I didn't want to forget, so I put them here. My vision boards are constantly changing, but I love them and the purpose they serve for me. ( :

Okay okay, so onto the nursery ideas!
If the baby is a boy here are two rooms I like. You can probably tell right away that I'm digging the Chinese lanterns above the cribs, since that's in both room pics...and you're right! I like the pic below because that's the wall color of our room, and I like how they tie in those different accent colors. So, basically if it were to be a boy, the room colors would be: tan, teal, orange, green, and dark brown.

Photo credits



Now onto if the baby is a girl! I'm a little bit more picky about girl rooms and I wasn't able to find one that really clicked with me so I have several ideas that I want to incorporate into the room, so bare with me here if it all seems confusing! The first thing I definitely want to have is a tree of some sort, I really love this pic to the left of the cherry blossom tree with the monkey. I'd like to have the tree kind of leaning over the crib and since my mom is quite the painting artist I am going to have her help me paint this one! (Please ignore the other side pics to the tree pic, they are not my favorite, but they came with the pic!)


The next thing I would like in the baby girl room would be for the accent colors to be: light pink, lime green and dark brown. As you can see in the pic below that incorporates all of these colors. Just a note, I will be having all white baby furniture ( :

(source)

Okay, so that's not much if it's a little girl, but it's hard to find complete rooms that fit you're style perfectly. But at least this will get me started! I'm sure the planning will become much more real when we know the sex of the baby!

Well I hope you have enjoyed the belly pics and nursery ideas. I know I am always curious how other pregnant mamas plan their nursery rooms, so I figured I would give you a little sneak peak of mine. I got most of these pics off of ProjectNursery.com, and a few others were just from Googling the nursery room colors I liked. Do remember what it was like planning your baby's nursery? Anything you all would recommend or resources that worked for you? I am open to any ideas! ( :