A whole new level of nesting...

Tonight, Beau and I are sitting at the kitchen table, each hiding behind our laptop screens for one reason...

...we have no where else to go.

I guess you could say my nesting tendencies lately took an all new turn this week.
 
Our living room is empty, and the kitchen and bedroom now hold piles of photo albums, picture frames, and decor.  Last week, I got the wild brain idea that I could not lay a baby on carpet that had never been professionally cleaned.  A little much, I admit, but until it happened, I would never feel 100 percent satisfied that the living room was nest-ready.  My wonderfully loving and helpful husband moved all the furniture while I was at work, vacuumed vents and corners that hadn't seen the light of day since we moved in, and got us a discounted rate on a carpet cleaning, thanks to a fellow networking partner of his.  So on Friday, after a long week of work, I walked in to this...

A fresh room of lush, baby-ready carpet.  I was ecstatic!   Did I care that I spent most of Friday night and all of Saturday morning reorganizing all of our living room belongings?  Are you kidding!?!?
 

I cleaned windows, reorganized drawers and shelves, de-furred most of the furniture, and Windex'ed' picture frames and television screens.  And when everything was spic and span, I decorated for the season of color.


FALL...



And as I decorated, I spent a little extra time on the details.  I found a special place for every leaf, every pumpkin scented candle, and every burnt orange 'pretty' that brought visions of brisk October walks, steamy hot cocoa, and cozy hooded sweatshirts.  These decorations not only represent one of my favorite times of year, but would be the decorations that would welcome a new person into our lives, our home, and our hearts.  Just like my tube of Lip Smackers Strawberry Gloss will always take me back to Friday night football games at beautiful A-B Trojan Field during high school, my pumpkin spice candle, 'leaves' scented wallflower, and cider-scented garland will be the scents that remind me of this special time in our lives.  It's getting so close and it was so much fun preparing for the 'party' that awaits!

Although I had a lot of fun decorating on Saturday, Beau had other things to say.  He followed me around, especially as a I strung garland on top of our cabinets, often mumbling things like, 'you are making me nervous,' or 'this is a bad idea.'  I laughed at his paranoia and put him to work.  

(Sorry, Mom.  I'm sure this picture makes you nervous!)