A Twenty-Something Momma...

Last Friday, Friday the 13th to be exact, I turned 26. 

No longer closer to twenty than thirty...

No longer under a quarter of a century...

No longer a UNI student, an Express fiend, or a Diet Mountain Dew addict. 

No... at 26 years old, I go by a few new labels...


I am now a 26 year old mom-to-be, with a little baby boy that rumbles, tumbles, and rolls in my tummy constantly throughout the day, making sure he already stays the center of my mind, my attention, and my focus (especially during back-to-school professional development days).

I am a 26 year old mom-to-be who prefers celebrating with a quiet walk in a pretty park over a crazy night out on the town.  



I am a 26 year old mom-to-be who considers the perfect birthday party one that involves an ice cream cake, corn on the cob, and families gathered around a finished baby crib (it is done!  pictures to come...) 

I am a 26 year old mom-to-be, content with all-you-can-eat crab legs and a big glass of root beer over a girl scout martini or shot of 'birthday cake.'  

I am a 26 year old mom-to-be who actually considered purchasing a nursing bra with my birthday money...

Yes, times they are a changing...

Even though I think I've cried on every birthday since turning 16, I still love them.  I have no idea why tears are shed, but sometimes growing up does make me a little sad.  It's like every year that passes, I feel myself getting farther and farther from the innocence of childhood.  A time when life is simple and quiet, and birthdays mark a little extra magic in an already fairytale existence.  

This year...I feel a little closer to childhood.  

Six weeks closer.