Namaste Yoga

For about 3-4 years now I have become quite a yoga fan. Okay, okay, I'm not a hard-core yogi that goes to all the hip classes and has all the fancy yoga clothes. I do my yoga in my basement to a DVD, but I love it! (Here I am on the left...notice the nice dim lights...ahhh, so relaxing!) Several years ago I stumbled upon a yoga series on FitTV called, "Namaste Yoga". It's comprised of a 25 minute workout with a 5 minute warm up, 12 minute "workout", and a 5 minute cool down/relaxation. Sounds like your typical yoga show right? Wrong! Namaste Yoga is so much more! The narrator is Kate Potter, a renowned yoga teacher who has the most relaxing voice, she guides you through the yoga exercises. Aside from this, one of my favorite things about this series is the scenery the yoga takes place in, which are a variety of landscapes from Canada (where the series was filmed). Some scenes are in the mountains and some are on beaches; they are breathtaking and relaxing.


I pretty much always do my Namaste Yoga sessions after a long day at school before I eat dinner. Doing yoga at this time helps me unwind, relax, and stretch. I try to do it every day to stay flexible, at peace, and sane...but it doesn't always happen, so I get to it when I can. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a way to relax, improve their stretching or flexibility, decrease tension, or enhance their overall health. Here is a preview of a yoga segment:



Want to know more? Click here.

Are you sold on it and want to buy it? Click here. It's about $50 per season, there are two seasons and there are 13 episodes per season. Season 1 is my favorite. It might even be on your cable package, mine was on the FitTv channel. You can click here to see when it's playing.

Now if only they had a "Prenatal Namaste Yoga" for when I'm pregnant, that would be awesome! Anyone know of any other good yoga DVDs? I'm always looking for a great yoga workout!