AFM Safecoat Paints- a personal experience

I had heard all kinds of comments and opinions about "green paints", but I really felt that a product like this required a first hand experience. With a couple of much needed remodel projects around the house I knew I needed paint and I knew I wanted to invest in some high quality, non-toxic, environmentally safe paint, but I really didn't know where to begin.

Now there are a lot of choices on the market these days, and eventually I hope to review them all, but for my remodel projects I settled on AFM Safecoat Paints. To be honest, the local green building supply store was having a sale on AFM Safecoat Paints and the color selection was amazing... that's how my selection was so easily achieved, pure science! The colors were mixed, the cans were shook, and I was off on my "green paint adventure".


As I had previously stated, I had heard some crazy comments about "green paints". "The paint is all runny and hard to work with...", "that stuff takes forever to dry...", and "it's a real pain when you have to clean it...".

Wow, let me tell you... this was by far my best painting experience ever! For starters, both of my projects were small bathrooms with only exhaust fans for ventilation and I had no problems with paint odors... I didn't even have to run the fans. Normally when I paint I eventually need to take a fresh air break from all the off gassing, but not with this stuff... it was like there were no odors at all. The Safecoat Paints rolled on to the walls beautifully, one coat and I was good to go. Remember how I was told, "that stuff takes forever to dry...", that comment couldn't have been any further from the truth. The drying time seemed very quick and I really didn't have any complaints about it.

Clean up was an absolute breeze, easier than any other paint I've used... my brushes, roller, and pans rinsed right off without the help of any cleaners or solvents. After my tools were dry, they were ready for the next project without any trace of residue. Also, while I was painting I made a couple mistakes as usual, but they were easily wiped up without any effort or fuss.

Not a single negative comment or opinion stood up to AFM Safecoat Paints! I felt good about the purchase, I felt great about the experience, but most of all I felt good about my choice to go "green" with my paint selection.



Check out AFM Safecoat Paints for yourself: http://www.afmsafecoat.com/

Central Valley shoppers can find AFM Safecoat products at these locations:

Green Home Gold, El Dorado- 530.622.8176, http://www.greenhomegold.com/

Green Sacramento, Sacramento- 916.448.8109, http://www.greensacramento.com/paints.html