Sometimes you just need a splurge!

Or to stop surfing internet fabric sites! LOL But, I prefer to think that one needs a little spring fabric in the gloomy month of Feb. I received this today in the mail and can't wait to cut into it. I will finish piecing my whirlygig quilt first though. I will, I will, I will!!!!
The fabric is "Dolce" by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit. I just love the combination of aqua, pink, orange and grey.
So pretty! I got it in 2 days for a great price from http://stores.burgundybuttons.com/StoreFront
I have been meaning to share that I ended up using flannel as a backing for my daughter's last quilt and it turned out really well. It was from JoAnn's, but I washed it in hot water and dried it on high before I used it and didn't have any extra shrinkage beyond what you get with a cotton backing. I put regular batting in it and it is so warm, especially for a 25 year old on their own and paying for their own heat! ;-) I was concerned that it would shrink out of proportion, but it didn't.

Take care all,
Cathy