Quilts in progress

I finished the squares for the "Spring Fling" quilt and put them on my design wall. I am very pleased how it turned out. When I was piecing them I didn't know how much I would like this quilt because it seems like there was almost too many colors in this line, but the white seems to tie it all together. It calls for 2 borders but I didn't buy the fabric for it. Will a white border work okay? Or no border at all? For the binding I have enough squares left to make a scrappy binding. I would love everyones thoughts on this please.
And then the whirlygigs that I was working on at the beach.......I have about 50 squares done. I am just trying to figure out what size to make the quilt.

I need to get cracking at my quilting frame so I don't get a build up of quilt tops that need quilting.
Take care,
Cathy